We understand things better when we compare them to other objects. By defining similarities and…
Different types of essays have different objectives, speaking about persuasive essays, they teach you to be convincing in your texts and speech. By writing such a paper, you learn a skill of persuasive writing and use it for your studying.
The process of writing such paper includes a research when you collect the facts to support your position. The more credible and understandable are your facts, the easier will be to convince readers that you are right.
You should also be ready to communicate with people who don’t agree with your position. You can predict all attack and counterarguments from them, It helps you to build a better and a more convincing essay.
There are many examples of such papers. When reading them, you learn how to build the appropriate structure, how to convince readers, how to search for facts and present them, and what are the good persuasive essay topics for the middle and high school.
To write a good persuasive essay, you need a good topic as it is a big and important step in the process of performing this task – your theme defines what your paper will be about, how will you write its content, what research will be needed. The topic and title are also needed to catch the attention of your readers.
How To Choose Topic For Persuasive Essay?
First of all, you need a debatable topic because if everybody agrees with your thesis statement, there is no meaning in persuading people. There should be many people that don’t share your position and point of view on the topic, so you need to pick argumentative persuasive essay topics.
The title should also represent what you are going to say to others. By writing such papers, you can draw attention to specific social and educational problems and convince people that we should pay more attention to solving them in very short terms.
The higher is your degree, the deeper and more complex should be the title. Good persuasive essay topics for college or university give you many possibilities and directions for a research.
You should also pay more attention to interesting persuasive essay topics. If the title is not interesting for you and for your readers, there is no meaning for writing it, but if it is interesting for you but not for your readers, you should find the way to spark their interest.
You have to avoid the most common and often used titles. If they are being discussed for decades, many people are tired of them. That is why you should pick more original persuasive essay topics for the school that are not discussed much yet.
If it’s hard for you to write such a paper, you are able to pick easy persuasive essay topics. With an easy theme, your chances for success increase. However, if it is still difficult, you should use the help of the persuasive essay writing service that provides different papers for students.
To write such a paper, you need to search for facts, using them to support your position. If there is not much information in different sources, it will be difficult to write this paper well. Make a small research for facts before writing a paper on a specific topic.
Recent the Most Interesting Topics for Pursuasive Essays
Here are two lists, for the middle and high school. Titles for the high school are usually deeper and more complex, they usually deal with social and other problems. However, there are no strict rules. Many of middle school topic can be used at the university and vice versa, if it is needed.
Persuasive Essay Topics for Middle School
In the middle school, students learn to write such papers. These essays don’t have a big size and they don’t deal with complex problems. However, many students can write complex works and explain their points of view.
- Should students of the middle school wear uniform when studying?
- Should college pay students who take parts in sports competitions and don’t win?
- Should there be special discounts for elder people in all common places?
- Should students be punished for absence at classes if they know the topic well?
- Should USA students learn two or more foreign languages to make connections with friends from other states?
- Should middle school students be allowed to vote?
- Should all students use notebooks and other devices as the books?
- Junk food and sugary drinks have to be forbidden in middle school
- PHE grades affect grade point averages of students
- Should music and videos for school parties be censored?
- Should smoking be allowed in public places?
- Should the companies that sell GMO products put special marks for warning customers?
- Should teacher pass the test for checking their skills every years?
- Should people go to special courses before becoming parents?
- Web services providers have to ban specific websites if they have dangerous content
- It should be legal to place different advertisement at schools
- Is it dangerous to become a Facebook user from an early age?
- Should USA accept and use the metric system?
Persuasive Essay Topics for High School
In the high school, the size of such works can be bigger. The way of presenting facts, the complexity of problems, and the social influence of them also change. It requires more skills to write such papers well. Here are a few great ideas of persuasive essay topics for school:
- Should parents pay more attention to their kids when they become teenagers?
- Should the death penalty be forbidden in all the states?
- Should it be legal for civilians to wear guns?
- With the growing usage of smartphones and other devices, it will harm the culture of communication that we know
- Specific drugs should be legalized not only for medical purposes?
- Should testing on animals be forbidden, even for medical purposes?
- Should battery farming be considered as illegal?
- Teachers should be familiar with modern students trends
- Teachers should watch students social network profiles to know their habits
- Should gay couples be allowed to adopt children?
- Owning the business has a bad influence on communication with friends
- Should drinking alcohol should be forbidden in all places
- Should breastfeeding be considered as a public nudity?
- Should the current court jury system be changed?
- Should nudity be allowed in public places?
- Having a job has a bad influence for studying of high school students
When you are in college, the scope of this task gets bigger and the complexity increases. Besides, the stakes are getting higher. Receiving a low grade for a college paper has more harmful effect on your success. Thus, for the college paper you have to choose a more focused, complex, and relevant subject, here are a few good controversial persuasive essay topics for college to consider:
- Cameras placed in federal courtrooms to televise all trials
- Self-proclaimed “militia” should be closely monitored by the FBI
- Are we supporting the Local Food movement by buying and eating the local food?
- Should taxes be applied for international adoption?
- Is e-learning as good and effective as classroom learning?
- The ban on exploiting the Antarctic resources “restricting it to a “natural reserve” devoted to science and peace” should be maintained
- Media leaks of the spying on domestic and International communications, including citizens, by intelligence agencies
- Should the government cut off all foreign aid to dictatorships?
- What are the reasons to ban in-virtro transplants?
- Are the messages sent by magazines marketed for teenagers moral and ethical or wrong?
- Abolish reliance on SAT and ACT scores in admissions
- Tattooing of minors, whether accompanied by their legal guardian or with a written consent from the legal guardian
Top Persuasive Essay Topics For Bachelor Students
As you continue moving forward on your path to obtaining a high-quality education, your academic load gets bigger and harder. There is no need to argue this. Thus, Bachelor level students have to work twice harder than school or college students do and this also applies to writing papers. If you are writing an essay during your Bachelor degree program, you have to approach it seriously as you have no right to make a mistake. Otherwise, you may ruin your academic performance. The topics for papers of this level get even more complicated. Here are some great ideas to look at:
- Reasons to require fast food restaurants to display calories of the food they sell
- Reasons to prohibit placing distracting billboards on highways
- How does the current tax system overburdens the middle-class citizens?
- Why should National Health Insurance Program be required by the law?
- Why should the United Nations be disbanded?
- Chronic mental patients live in “halfway houses” in the community
- Getting married in high school should be encouraged for teen moms
- Main reasons why psychiatrists should testify in court when a defendant enters a non-guilty-by-reason-of-insanity plea
- Should all prospective parents be required to take parenting classes?
- Why should child molesters be put to death?
- Why is it important to use art and music in prisons to calm prisoners?
- Constructing Olympic venues near UNESCO protected sites is deplorable
- Educated people should be required to volunteer as literacy tutors
Top Master’s Level Themes
Finally, we have reached one of the highest level of education – Master’s degree. What peculiarities does it have? While in the middle school teachers mainly aim to enhance pupils’ writing skills and teach them to research, analyze, and present data in a clear way, when you are a Masters student, your professors pay attention more to what novelty you can bring to your field of science and what knowledge you have gained. Thus, writing a persuasive essay for this level, you have to choose a theme that has scientific novelty and is significant. Besides, it can’t be easy any longer. Here is a list of themes that can be suitable:
- Helping people makes you happy and selfish people are always unhappy
- Society should shun prescribed codes of ethics
- Does Sexual desire define human behavior?
- There is no such thing as good and evil
- Is God not dead?
- Does genetics determine human behavior?
- There is much evil in the world, we should turn to God
- Selfishness is an innate human behavior and should be encouraged
- Ethics are the unselfish means humans derive from their parenting instincts
- The truth is universal
- Should intelligence be a subject for genetic engineering?
- Does creation of wealth always come from taking advantage of other people’s hard work?
It is always hard to write a great essay. Even with a simple topic, there is no guarantee that you will be able to disclose it fully if you are lacking some basic skills or knowledge, which is the main reason why students always struggle with such assignments. Sometimes, it is just not worth taking a risk at school. You have to keep in mind that a poorly written essay can not only bring you a low grade but also spoil your final score, which will directly influence your success in the future. What should you do? Instead of relying on a fate or luck, you have to ensure that you are going to receive an A+ for the paper you write and the easiest way to do this is to enlist the help of professionals from a trusted argumentative essay help service. This approach will save you some time and rid of the unnecessary issues and stress, at the same time, giving you a warranty of receiving the desired result!