Why are students often so concerned about citation styles? The main problem is a wide…
That feeling when you just finished your perfect research paper and finally able to sigh with a relief…but anyways, one thing is left – a title page. It’s also an important thing that needs an attention. It’s not going to take too much time, but it can make your future grade lower and your papers look dry and unfinished. It’s not that difficult but you must consider all the features of the style that your professor required. Our little article will explain to you how to make a perfect title page for research paper in the APA, MLA styles.
Making Title in APA Style
Your entire paper should be double-spaced, and this part of your work is not an exception, your heading and name should be with double line spacing or one empty line.
Set the 12-pt using Times New Roman font and check your margins, they should be set at 1 inch.
The heading should be downed about 1/3 of the way down the page, use the return key to move it and you can also place it on two lines if it’s too long. You have to be precise, so don’t use abbreviations and extra words. Capitalize on all the important words.
It should be placed under the title, just press the return key again once and type out your name. Make sure you used your full name (including middle initials) but don’t use titles, if you have someone who’s doing this paper with you then include her/his name separating your colleague’s name and yours.
Place where you study
You must indicate the name of your university/college/school. Also, if you have someone who prepared this paper in a cooperation with you, but you are in the same university, just write the university name after your names. What if this person is not from the same institution? If this person is from another university then separate your names indicating university names for each.
Centering your heading horizontally
Highlight your text and tap the button at the top of the page to center the text and note that it has to be centered.
Set it on the first page all in capital letters, so, on the first page, it will be looking like “Running head: KEY HEADING WORDS”. It’s not the title, it’s just a few keywords. You will want to add the running page numbers here to the upper right-hand corner. Don’t use “p.” or “pg.”, just set the numbers.
Alternatively to all above you can buy research papers in APA formatting to not mess up with formats or if you simply does not to want to make it.
Styling Title In MLA Pattern
Include this part only if it’s required by your professor or teacher. MLA format doesn’t require using it. However, if your professor required to include this section in your work, use these hints:
- Indicate your name, your teacher’s name, university, date, and course, make sure you double-space your heading and all information indicated in the upper left-hand corner because on the right-hand corner, you will have a running header with your last name and page number.
- Here again, you will need to start from about 1/3 of the way down the page and you will have to capitalize only the important words of your title.
- Place your name under the title and, again, if there are two or more people who worked on the page separate your names by using “and”.
- The bottom line should be a little bit above the margin, so, write your class name and section/course on the top line, indicate your professor’s name below that, and write the date under that all.
- Center the text as for the APA style, highlight it and press the button “center the text” (Ctrl+E).
- Format your paper appropriately – you have to use the 12-pt Times New Roman font and do not forget to set all margins to 1 inch.
Though it seems hard, making your research paper title page will take less than ten minutes if you understand how to do it. We hope that our guide helped you out with making the title for writing your research paper.