How To Write Good Literature Review And Its Guidelines
Facing issues with this task is not something odd as in the process of writing our own studies, we need to read a lot of studies written by other people. It is okay to use other people’s ideas as a basis for your work. We can use fragments from them, we may agree or disagree with the authors, but we always use research of other people to build our own essays or other papers. However, this does not mean copying someone’s paper. Besides, it is a good opportunity to learn to work with sources, show your skills in it, and prove your reliability as a student.
What makes it a responsible task? The literature review can show that you have read necessary books and other works related to your research. It also helps to give more information on your research that you gave in the introduction of your project. This kind of paper also has its specific structure, which students can miss out, while expert writers from the dissertation writing service are aware of this structure and understand how to write good literature review guidelines in short terms.
In this paper, you can provide a critique of literature you read. It also ensures your readers that you didn’t copy any fragments of other works illegally or did research that has already been done by other scientists. Otherwise, you may be accused of plagiarism. If you have made a decision to turn to professional writers to write your dissertation online, you need to know the topic and other key information on your literature review.
General Guidelines For Writing A Literature Review
Before writing, you need to know the preferred number of pages and the correct formatting for your work. This is vital. Each teacher can have their specific requirements so before starting, you need to know what they want from you and what formatting you are going to use. You can read examples of other literature reviews to learn the structure, proper formatting, and referring to sources in such papers.
What else to keep in mind? You can divide your literature review into the three big sections: introduction, body, and conclusion. In the introduction, focus on your topic and its meaning and provide more details to understand background and history of a research. The body paragraph is the most important one. In the body of your paper, you can show the current state of knowledge in this area, major trends, and recent findings. What’s next? In the conclusion, you can discuss two previous sections and show their meaning for your subject.
You should not only provide the sources connected with your work but also show their role in your project and the specific area of science. All information has to be relevant. You can highlight key findings, critique the sources, show your opinion and understanding. If you are going to write a good paper, look for other guidelines for writing on the Internet and ask your instructor for more information about your requirements. This should help you cope with the task easier.
Steps To Writing An Effective Literature Review
- Find a topic you can handle and then you will need to find the literature and other sources for it. You can use the computer database of your college or university. The Internet gives you a lot of possibilities to find many academic papers written in other universities.
- You can’t work with all found sources in your paper, especially if there are too many items. You should focus and select the most interesting and significant sources. Gather sources that have the biggest meaning for your project
- If you need to learn how to do a literature review, start from planning. Clarify how many sources you need! It is also important to find out what types of sources you can discuss in the paper and read samples of other papers similar to yours. This will help you a lot!
- Read the selected papers to see methodologies do they use, what are the most recent research findings that they provide, who are the most significant experts in the field, and what are current trends and discussed theories. Organize your sources so you can write a literature review.
- Create your thesis statement, and then develop your headings and subheadings. When you have a good plan for your paper, you can start writing the introduction, body, and the conclusion by describing and discussing your sources and their significance. When the work is done, don’t forget to read your paper several times and revise it if necessary, check for grammar errors, and other mistakes. This will help you make your text flawless.
The last but not less significant aspect to keep in mind is that when writing a literature review, you can provide a critique and discussion of other works. It is a key task to select the specific sources because you can’t put all of them in your work. You may need to write a lot of essays to find out the key trends in your subject, the most notable authors, the most discussed theories, and the recent findings that have a big role for science and have to be discussed.
What do you need to successfully finish this task? No matter what is your subject or theme, before writing, you need to know the correct literature review format, the number of pages and sources of your paper, and the purposes. It is important to follow all these guidelines. Thus, make sure that you understand your requirements before you start working on your paper because there are different types of literature reviews and they may have different requirements. Also, look for samples to make it even easier.
You should work well on organizing your paper – you can use any method of data organization for this purpose, for example, you can organize the sources by the time of publication, trends and topics, and other parameters. When you have written all the pages, make sure that your literature review is easy to understand, provides only proven facts and reliable sources, doesn’t contain grammatical errors, and meets all formatting rules and other key requirements specified by the instructor or another person.