The conclusion is a brief retelling of all your work. It’s something like the introduction,…
Sometimes life can be complicated, and we may not have enough time to do the task as qualitatively as we want. The reasons for it could be different from lacking time to difficultness of the topic. Its habitual things for many students, but sometimes a substandard piece of work can ruin the whole paper. Do you realize that one of the most common mistakes of student’s writing process is to skip or make a meaningful introduction? Many students think that the most important thing in the work is the body of the research papers. Well, you will not get a perfect grade for only a good research paper introduction, but anyway you shouldn’t skip it. Why it’s so important to pay attention to your intro paragraph? The introduction is the face of your work that the reader will see first, which is why it is one of the most memorable segments of the whole work that has to be perfect. Talking briefly, it’s responsible for the first impression from your research paper.
General Guidelines On Writing An Introduction
If it doesn’t attract the reader’s attention at the beginning – he may not be serious to the rest of your work or pay less attention. That is why it is a serious matter. It’s not difficult but anyway you need to pay due attention to it and think about how to contain all the work’s sense in a little intro paragraph. There are the main rules that will tell you about writing the perfect introduction to a research paper! So, we need to determine what exactly we want to see in the introduction.
Writing A Good Research Paper Introduction
- If you have a keyword list – try to use it there. If you are writing an article for publication, you will be asked to provide a short list of keywords that reflect the field to which your research relates. Why? In the title of the article, there may also be some keywords on which you want to emphasize the readers’ attention in the opening clause. For example, if your papers are about World’s water reserve – use the word Water in the first paragraph. This will make it clear for your audience. Try to now write your papers way too abstract and non-relate to the topic, it may confuse the reader.
- Define the concepts and keywords if it’s necessary. If you have some difficult common concepts that will accompany the reader while along the whole work – it would be useful to explain it in the introduction.
- Present the topic of the work in the short interesting history. Many of works started with the short history that illustrates the topic in the beginning – make sure that your story is short and related to the work, and remember that it’s a great way to attract the reader’s attention and make him impressed.
- It’s also better to avoid emotional expressions and slang in the introduction. If your paper is in an academic tone – try to keep it in whole the document.
Examples Of A Good Introduction To A Research Paper
There are many ways to start your research paper successfully, and here are examples of interesting opening paragraphs:
- Quote – start your work with a quote from the famous person – is a great way to make an impression and show the importance of the topic. You can use the quotes of the famous philosopher or even literature character. Anyway, you need to find the one that will describe your topic and will look organically.
- Use the shocking fact. Check your topic – maybe you can find some shocking facts about it – using such facts is another simple but effective way to draw the reader’s attention, making him interested in the rest of your text. For example, your topic is Global warming. Here is a sample:
“Global warming can drastically change the ocean currents, which in turn will lead to a mini Ace-age period in Europe. So, why we don’t think about it?”
- Then you need to add some your own thoughts about this or add the question that relates to the fact. Don’t write a less information and remember that the intro paragraph needs to state the question of the main thesis of your work. It would be a great way to attract the reader’s attention to the problem of your topic but the most important thing in this type of introduction is to be confident that your facts are verified.
- And here are some statistics. There is no more cogent fact then official statistics, for example, you are writing about the problem of educated people in the world, then you can find some statistics on verified sources and use it in the intro.
“79% of schools do not have libraries, and only 7% of schools have a full library of textbooks and 3,544 schools don’t have electricity at all”
Thus, if you are hoping to get a perfect grade you need to think about all the aspects of work. The first impression of your work the reader makes while reading the introduction. Just imagine that your work will contain a perfect research, but introduction and conclusion will not have any sense.